Questions to Ask on Décor
The event decor is a crucial part of its overall look and feel of the wedding - in many cases it can make or break it. So it is essential to make sure you hire the right person for the job.
We have put together a list of some key questions to ask before you hire.
Please use this list as a guide only; feel free to remove any questions or add some that relate to your particular event and make sure to get everything in writing in your final contract.
Check out our Planning Tips on décor.
Download PDF Version
Download Excel Version
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you do this full-time?
- What is your background in décor?
- How much experience do you have in planning weddings?
- How many events do you book per year?
- How many events do you book on a particular day/weekend?
- Do you have a showroom?
- Can I see your portfolio?
- Have you decorated more intimate style or large-scale weddings?
- Have you decorated any weddings with a theme?
- Can you provide pictures of weddings you’ve decorated with a similar style and/or budget to ours?
- Have you worked at our venue before?
- What puts you apart from other décor suppliers?
- Can you supply me with references for recent events you have done?
- What various services do you offer apart from décor (planning, flowers, etc)?
- Do you supply everything from tables and chairs to centrepieces and stage props?
- What décor do you not supply?
- Can you copy the decorations from pictures I provide?
- If you don’t have a specific item that I want can you get it?
- Will you be able to deliver within my budget?
- How does your pricing work?
- Are there any additional costs like travelling or set-up/break-down fees?
- Do you have any packages or specials?
- How much deposit do you need?
- When is the deposit payable?
- When is the final payment required?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- What is your cancellation/refund policy?
- Do you have our date available?
- Do you set up and break down?
- What is the backup plan should you for whatever reason not able to set up our wedding?