Questions to Ask Hair Stylists
Naturally we all want to look our best on the special day and the right hairstyle can bring the whole look together and make you feel like a princess.
We have put together a list of some key questions to ask before you hire.
Please use this list as a guide only; feel free to remove any questions or add some that relate to your particular event and make sure to get everything in writing in your final contract.
Check out our Planning Tips on hair stylists.
Download PDF Version
Download Excel Version
- Are you available on my date?
- Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
- Are the styles in the portfolio of resent work you have done?
- Do you have a list of references I can call?
- Do you only book one wedding a day?
- How many weddings have you done?
- Where did you study?
- Do you work best with straight hair or can you manage curly of difficult hair types?
Trail & Consultation
- Do you offer a trail run?
- Does the trail have a time limit?
- Will we try different styles on the trail?
- Where will the trail take place?
- If I change my mind about the style can I arrange a second trail run?
- If I have not bought my hair accessories yet, do you have any that we can use at the trial to get an idea of how the different items will look in my hair?
- Do I need to do any prep work before the trail (and the day off)?
- What kind of products do you use?
- If I prefer to use my own products, can you accommodate?
- Are you comfortable using extensions?
- Do you offer other services like make-up, etc?
On the Day
- Will I have to travel to you or can you work on-site?
- Will the same person who did my trail be doing my hair on the day?
- Can you do my bridal parties hair as well?
- Will you need an assistant?
- Will you be able to stay on site to help with hair, veil, and headpiece touch-ups after the ceremony?
- If not, can you give me some pointers on how to do it myself?
- Do you have a plan B if you are ill or have an emergency on the wedding day and can’t make it?
- How does your pricing work?
- Do you have any packages or discounts?
- Do you charge extra for...
- The trail run?
- Staying on site?
- Traveling to the venue?
- Are there any other costs I should know about?
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the final payment due?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Questions to ask yourself
- Did you click with them?
- Did you feel comfortable with them?
- Did they listen to you, and seem to want to give you what you want?
- Do you feel confident that they can give you what you want?